Today`s blog is a bit different than my previous entries. I decided it would be a good idea to post my goals, possibly weekly for all to see. I hope that in this way I accomplish them more efficiently. Since I don`t have pictures of my goals, I will spice things up with photos of my life since Sunday.
First set of goals- Culinary
I am going to make the following items this week for fun and to practice my skills:
1. The best baked spinach from the Blog, Smitten Kitchen. I already made this last night. Pics are coming up.
2. Feuilletage Viennois- a recipe from the book I used at culinary school. I will turn this dough into-
3. Galettes au feuilletage viennois-also a recipe from my school book
4. Kale and Pecorino Crostini-for the tapas party happening at Michael and my place this Saturday. Everyone is bringing a tapas and a drink. Or they are bringing one of the specific liquors I requested to make this-
5. Mike Romanoff– a cocktail with vodka, Grand Marnier, apricot liqueur, and lime juice
6. Onion Soup with sage, brown butter, croutons, and grated lemon peel-for dinner some night this week
Wow, I am very ambitious this week. We will see how it goes.
Just so you know, before I moved to Paris, my sister Kimberly, and I both got owl tattoos on our feet. Our owls are very different from one another, just like us, but they are both owls.
I will share more goals with you tomorrow. For now, here is the baked spinach:
I used really huge leaves of spinach because that is what they had at 7pm at the only produce stand still open on Saint Denis. The cheese is Emmenthal. This was an amazing dish! Michael and I finished the whole thing except one quarter cup of it. We had it with a fried egg and quinoa on the side.
We enjoyed our spinach while watching a film by the famous French director, Louis Malle: Atlantic City. I enjoyed the film, but not as much as the spinach!